Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
In addition to rent the following permitted payments may be charged:
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Mylane “the Agent”)
– Holding deposits: equivalent to 1 weeks rent. The Holding Deposit is non refundable if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraws from the tenancy, fails a Right to Rent check, provides false or misleading information, or fails to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
– Deposit: equivalent to 5 weeks rent (payable to the Agent)
– Tenancy Agreement Changes (i.e. change of tenant, permission to keep pets): £50.00 per change
– Late payment of rent (which is more than 14 days overdue) 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate, for each day that the payment is outstanding, calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received.
– Loss of keys/security device: Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices
– Early termination of tenancy (when approved by landlord): Capped at the Landlord’s loss or Agent’s reasonable incurred costs
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
– Utilities, communication services (e.g. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax
Other permitted payments
– Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Mylane (Properties) Limited is a member of Safeagent, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme.